"Living Religions: A Brief Introduction" is a brief edition of "Living Religions, " fourth edition. It presents a stimulating survey of today's religious world. Exploring the historical developments and teachings of traditional faiths, indigenous religions, and new religious movements, this brief edition considers how each of these traditions has evolved into contemporary beliefs and practices. It examines the changing nature of each religion, the spread of religious pluralism, and the movement toward interfaith dialogue.
With the help of a team of specialist consultants in each faith, and drawing on a wealth of scholarly research and firsthand source material, Mary Pat Fisher gives a fresh and challenging insight into how believers of today's faiths perceive their religion and its role in the changing world in which they live. SPECIAL FEATURES
- Seven feature boxes on religious figures in public life.
- Quotes from contemporary teachers and practitioners of each faith.
- Coverage of the role of women in each tradition.
- Coverage of the socio-political context of contemporary religious practice.
- Map and timeline providing the geographical and historical context for each religion.
Shipping via USPS: Orders will be shipped within 2 business days after the payment cleared
Please Allow 5-7 Business Days For Delivery.